Burnt Well is a real working cattle and sheep ranch located in New Mexico who accepts a few guests to ensure the stay is truly authentic and customized. They are open year round and can accommodate everything from avid riders to beginners.
New Mexico is famous for their Green Chile crops and one of the mealtime staples at Burnt Well Guest Ranch is Chile Relleno Casserole. They love their chile, so much so that their State Question is “Red or Green?”We thank them for sharing their special recipe.
Chile Relleno Casserole (Serves 4-6)
Freshly roasted green chile, peeled and seeded
Grated cheese (Burnt Well Guest Ranch uses a blend of Mexican cheeses)
½ cup flour
2 cups milk
- Preheat oven to 350-375 degrees. Grease a 9×13 baking dish and line the bottom of the dish with whole chiles. Layer a generous amount of grated cheese on top of the chiles.
- In a medium bowl beat together eggs, flour, and milk.
- Pour over the cheese and bake until set and the edges are beginning to brown, usually about 30-40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool. Serve immediately.
- RanchSeeker’s Working Ranch Vacation of the Month-Burnt Well Guest Ranch
- Agnes’ Chicken Wing Dip Recipe From Elk Mountain Ranch
- Shangrila Guest Ranch’s Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars
- Tacos De Fajitas Recipe From White Stallion Ranch
- White Stallion Ranch Oatmeal Pancakes