This delicious decadent dessert recipe is brought to you by the lovely folks over at Elk Mountain Guest Ranch in Colorado. The guest ranch is convenient 2.5 hour drive from Denver Airport. It’s unique for it’s spectacular location, horseback rides of unmatched beauty, large variety of activities and superb menu.
1-8 oz. cream cheese
¼ cup sugar
2 Tbsp. butter
1 Tbsp. cornstarch
2 Tbsp. milk
¾ tsp. peppermint extract
- Beat cheese, butter sugar and cornstarch.
- Add egg, milk and extract. Mix until smooth.
1 devils food cake mix
1 cup water
1/3 cup vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Spread 2 cups batter in a greased and floured bundt pan.
- Place a center tube of filling.
- Slowly pour remaining batter over filling.
- Bake at 325 for 55-60 minutes. Cool
Glaze & Drizzle:
1/3 cup light corn syrup
1/3 cup whipping cream
6 squares (1 oz.) semi-sweet chocolate squares, chopped
2 squares (1 oz.) white chocolate squares, chopped
2 tsp. vegetable oil
¼ tsp. peppermint extract
For glaze, bring corn syrup and whipping cream to a simmer, stirring constantly with whisk. Remove from heat. Add semi-sweet chocolate, stir until smooth. Spread 2/3 cup glaze over top and side of cake. Freeze cake for 5 minutes until glaze is set. Meanwhile, keep remaining glaze warm over low heat. Slowly pour over cake. Let cool in refrigerator.
For drizzle, microwave white chocolate and oil about 1 minute or until mixture is smooth when stirred. Stir in extract. Let cool and drizzle over cake. Refrigerate.
- Evil Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
- Drowsy Water Ranch Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Brandied French Toast Recipe
- Agnes’ Chicken Wing Dip Recipe From Elk Mountain Ranch