This delicious salmon recipe comes from the friendly folks at Coffee Creek Ranch Where picture-postcard views await you in the Trinity Alps Wilderness Area of Northern California. Take in snow-capped mountains, cascading waterfalls, lush meadows, and sparkling lakes. This salmon recipe was inspired by a trip to New Zealand where the owners had a delicious cooked fish dish served over salad. This dish is served during the ranch’s Mother’s Day lunch.
Be sure to visit the ranch during April while they have their $995/week per person promotion running. You will be glad you did!
1/3 C Chobani Plain Fat-Free Yoghurt
4 TBSP Rice Vinegar
4 TBSP Honey
4 C ¼ Inch Sliced Napa Cabbage
6 oz Fresh Blueberries, Coarsely Chopped
¼ C Minced Red Onion
1 ½ lbs Atlantic Salmon Fillets
Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper to Taste
- Stir together yoghurt, 2 tbsp. vinegar and 2 tbsp. honey in a medium bowl
- Add cabbage, blueberries and onion and toss well to coat.
- Season with salt and pepper
- Season salmon with salt and pepper
- Stir together remaining vinegar and honey in a small bowl.
- Cook salmon well-oiled grill over medium heat for 5 minutes, skin side up.
- Turn and cook for 3 to 5 minutes more or until cooked to your liking, basting with remaining vinegar mixture.
- Serve over blueberry slaw
- Honey Mustard Pork Tenderloin Recipe
- Elk Mountain Ranch Steak Rub
- Brandied French Toast Recipe
- Agnes’ Chicken Wing Dip Recipe From Elk Mountain Ranch
- Evil Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe