Are you looking to have friends or family over for an upcoming dinner party? This duck recipe is the perfect dish for a crisp, cool evenings and is sure to be a crowd pleaser! We know because our guests love it when it’s on our menu at the ranch. You will impress everyone with your cooking skills with this beautiful gourmet dish.
Lone Mountain Ranch is located only 20 miles from the Northwest Corner of Yellowstone National Park, America’s first playground. During both summer and winter seasons, this Montana dude ranch offers a variety of opportunities to explore and discover this memorable National Park. Lone Mountain Guest Ranch hosts guests for 4 to 7 nights, offering an all-inclusive package with meals, accommodations in a cozy cabin or the Ridgetop Lodge and numerous activities in both winter and summer seasons. The cuisine at Lone Mountain Guest Ranch is inspired by the bounty of the Northwestern Rockies and takes advantage of locally produced offerings when possible.
- Break down whole duck. Take breast and score, set aside.
- Duck Rillettes – take duck leg and confit in duck fat for 4 hours with 2 sprigs of thyme and 1 clove of garlic. Pull from oven and cool. Remove skin from leg, and meat from leg. Take leg meat and chilled fat and roll into balls. Bread with classic flour, egg, bread crumb technique.
- Crispy Duck Skin – Take skin from legs and deep fry for 45 seconds at 350 degrees
- Foie Gras – take 2 oz foie gras and sear in nonstick pan with NO OIL. Set aside and rest
- Cassoulet – take 2 duck breast prosciutto, sweat down with 1 finely diced leek, 2 stalks of finely diced celery, and 1 carrot finely diced. Add in 1 quart fully cooked white beans, ½ quart chicken stock and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Huckleberry Balsamic Gastrique – 1 cup fresh huckleberries, 1 cup balsamic vinegar, ½ cup sugar. Bring to boil, and simmer for 15 minutes. Puree in blender, push through a fine mesh sieve, and cool.
- Lone Mountain Ranch Braised Lamb Shank Recipe
- Lone Mountain Ranch Pork Loin
- Agnes’ Chicken Wing Dip Recipe From Elk Mountain Ranch
- Evil Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
- Mango Salsa Recipe From Colorado Trails Ranch