Getting together with girlfriends for an evening out is always fun but wouldn’t it be great to go somewhere for a weekend or even a week together to spend time catching up, making new memories and trying something new other than lying on the beach drinking over-priced, calorie-laden Piña Coladas? A dude ranch vacation may not be the first thing that comes to mind, but listen up ladies you don’t know what you’re missing out on until you try a Women’s Only Cowgirl Getaway.
Why Pick a Women’s Only Cowgirl Getaway for your Next Vacation
There are many reasons to choose a vacation tailored just for you and your besties at a dude ranch. It is an ideal opportunity to leave behind demanding schedules and commitments, if only for a little while, and to reconnect with the special women in your life, whether it’s your mother, sister or best friends. A Cowgirl Getaway will provide you with the opportunity to expand your horizons and perhaps take you out of your comfort zone which can be an exciting experience. There are lots of activities to choose from like horseback riding, hiking, kayaking, and of course spa treatments just to name a few. So pack your bags and get ready for a fun-filled dude ranch vacation at one of the following guest ranches that offer Cowgirl Getaways.
Located in beautiful British Columbia, Free Rein Guest Ranch is a small, family operated guest ranch that offers an intimate hands-on experience with their well-trained horses and the great outdoors. From September 7th-14th the ranch offers a Cowgirls Only Week. “The kids are back in school and the madness of summer days are over, it’s a wonderful time for the girls to simply get together, enjoy the those final warm days of summer with great rides, great conversation and a glass of vino or two as the sun goes down”- Debbie Atha, owner
A 7 day stay includes:
- Cabin or Lodge Suite Accommodation
- Daily maid service and Egyptian cotton linen and towels
- Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner with all non-alcoholic beverages
- Unlimited riding from 9:30am to 5pm daily
- A personal horse assigned to each guest and guided riding for duration of stay
- Wildlife viewing and bird watching
- Riding and natural horsemanship instruction
- Mountain biking, Nature hikes, Swimming, Kayaks/canoes/row boat
Mother’s Day weekend in May at this Canadian guest ranch is time for their annual Mother’s Day Cowgirl Weekend – No high heels allowed!
Throw on your jeans, cowboy boots, and let your hair down! This weekend will bring out the hidden cowgirl in each of you! Enjoy a variety of western games and activities including bucking barrels and learning to lasso like a cowboy.
- Accommodation in our cozy ranch house.
- Three, family-style, hearty, healthy home-cooked meals a day.
- Horseback riding, bareback riding, and horseback competitions.
- Selection of our cowboy/wrangler activities and ranch pastimes – ladies only!
- A welcoming glass of sparkling wine (cowgirls 19 and older).
- Complimentary straw cowgirl hat
Grab your mom, your sister, your daughter or your best friend, and come join the Laughing Water Ranch for their Ladies only week from May 17th-23rd. No cooking no dishes, no responsibility just fun and relaxation.
Your week will be filled with unlimited horseback riding, mixed in with riding lessons if you wish and you can practice your horsemanship skills on their unique Trail Challenge Course. Or take an educational hike and learn about the local foliage and fauna. Evenings relax with your friends and other guests while enjoying sing-alongs around the campfire. There will also be wine tastings and a visit to a local brewery.
This California guest ranch is offering 50% off for the week on May 8-15th for women only to celebrate Mother’s Day.
- $687.50 for an all-inclusive vacation
- 3 meals a day
- Private cabin
- Horseback riding
- 6 nights & 7 days of total relaxation
Come learn how to bake healthier with classes in ancient grain baking, cook from scratch, and make lotions and facials from your kitchen as well. Hike a mountain, learn to challenge yourself and try new things. Dangle your feet in the creek, or catch your first fish! Coffee Creek Ranch staff will make the beds, do the dishes and entertain you at night with line dancing, bonfires, karaoke, and games! A stress-free vacation for you and the special women in your life.
The month of May (before Memorial Day weekend) this Wyoming guest ranch offers a Women’s Only Cowgirl Getaway with rates starting at $2,220 for a 4 night all-inclusive stay.
- Daily horseback & riding lessons from well-known horsewoman Tammy Trollinger
- Hiking to view spring flowers in full regalia
- Spacious chalet with private hot tub
- Gourmet meals with wine pairing provided by Executive Chef Matthew Cariveau
- Private cooking classes
These are just a few of the delights waiting for you at the Red Reflet Ranch for your Women’s Only Cowgirl Getaway.
Susanne Walsh, White Stallion Ranch’s head of guest relations said this about their Cowgirl Getaways in Tucson, Arizona “The BEST thing about our Cactus Cowgirls is watching women from all over the country become best friends. They return every year, they keep in touch and travel together throughout the year and each year new friends are added. They become a sisterhood after just one week together…”
Choose from 3 upcoming, different Themed Getaways:
- The Cactus Cowgirls Ride Again- Sunday, January 17 – Sunday, January 24, 2016
- Cactus Cowgirls at Rodeo Time- Tuesday, February 23rd – Sunday, February 28th, 2016
- Cactus Cowgirls-Country & Culture- Sunday, August 31, 2014 – Sunday, September 7, 2014
From Thursday March 3rd- Sunday March 6th the Flying E Ranch present their Women’s Only “Cowgirl True” weekend.
If you think these two award-winning artists are spectacular as individual performers – wait ‘till you see them in action as a duo!
When singer/songwriter Belinda Gail and cowgirl poet Diane Tribitt hit the stage together as ‘Cowgirl True’ that is exactly what you get – Cowgirl to the core! These award-winning and gifted ladies have combined their talents to bring their love of the West and their rich ranching heritage to life in what feels like a ballet of song and poetry. As they effortlessly weave together music and poetry you will laugh, you will sigh…and maybe even wipe away a tear. But most of all you will walk away having glimpsed the heart and soul of the West.
- Workshops presented by Belinda and Diane
- Enjoy an evening of special entertainment with these special ladies
- Campfire cookout under the Arizona stars
- Special amenities & daily events.
- Sunday morning horseback ride to cowgirl church and breakfast on the desert
- Rates include 4 day/3 night stay with tax and gratuity per person.
- Lodge room: $660.00 per person
- Poolside room: $685.00 per person
- Luxury suite: $710.00 per person
With all these great Cowgirl Getaways to choose from there is no time like the present to call up your girlfriends, sisters or Mother and book a fun week or weekend away at one of these participating dude ranches.
- Have a Cowgirl’s Vacation!
- Upcoming Family Dude Ranch Vacation Specials
- Plan Your Stay at Red Horse Mountain Ranch