The Red Reflet Guest Ranch in Ten Sleep, Wyoming offered a series of cooking classes during the winter of 2014. The classes included instruction from Executive Chef Matthew Cariveau and Pastry Chef Stephanie Shaw.
Last week’s class was “Southern Comfort Cooking” and featured Hickory Smoked Fried Chicken, Cornbread Waffles and Southern Greens to name a few. One of the favorite recipes of the class was Red Reflet’s Homemade Biscuits, and the chefs are happy to share the recipe. Enjoy!
2 Cups Flour
2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
1 Teaspoon Salt
4 oz. Cold Cubed Butter
¾ Cup Sour Cream
¼ Cup Heavy Cream
2 Teaspoons Sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix together flour, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter until it resembles fine cornmeal.
- Then Add the sour cream, heavy cream and sugar.
- Mix until blended and add any extra special ingredients to the mix. You can get creative here with flavors you enjoy. We add a handful of sliced jalapenos and a handful of aged sharp cheddar.
- Empty bowl onto floured table and and then flatten on table.
- Cut into biscuits using cutter.
- Brush liberally with cream.
- Bake at 400 degrees until light brown and internally 170 degrees. Enjoy!
- Agnes’ Chicken Wing Dip Recipe From Elk Mountain Ranch
- Evil Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
- Drowsy Water Ranch Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Best Peanut Butter Bars
- Chocolate Satin Mint Cake