There are many types of corn bread out there. Some are grainy and some are soft. Some are fluffy and some are dense. This is no ordinary corn bread recipe. It is moist with just the right texture. This is a guest favorite at the Western Pleasure Guest Ranch and we always make sure we have plenty to go around. It’s also very easy to make. Here is our recipe below. We hope you enjoy the corn bread as much as we do! This recipe serves 32. For smaller servings divide recipe and use a 11 x 13 baking pan instead.
1 lb butter
3 c. sugar
1 1/2 cups whole eggs
7 C. flour
3 C cornmeal
1 T salt
1/4 C. baking powder
5 C. milk
2 C. milk
- Cream together sugar and butter until mixed through
- Mix together the flour cornmeal, salt and baking powder
- Add the flour mixture along with the eggs and 5 cups milk to the butter mixture just until mixed through. Do not overmix.
- Add 2 cups milk and then whip with whisk
- Place batter in greased hotel pan and bake at 325 degrees F for 45 minutues or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Evil Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
- Best Peanut Butter Bars
- Red Reflet Ranch’s Homemade Biscuit Recipe
- White Stallion Ranch Oatmeal Pancakes
- Chile Relleno Casserole From Burnt Well Guest Ranch